- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- ¾ cup loosely packed light brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 (about 6 inch) sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, add 1 cup of the heavy cream, sugar, salt and rosemary sprigs (yup, the entire thing!). Set the pan over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Let the mixture just barely start to simmer around the edges then immediately remove from the heat.
- Stir in the remaining cup of cream, milk and vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate the mixture for about 6 hours allowing the rosemary time to steep and infuse your vanilla base.
- Remove the rosemary springs and use the mixture in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions.